Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Post (Pre-Departure)


Hello everyone, I don’t know who all will be reading this and I don’t really care who reads it. This is my first post about my journey to be a English teacher in South Korea. Today I found out what city I will be in as well a my date of departure. I decided that I wanted to blog about my pre-departure as well as my new life in South Korea. This blog will help me mentally prepare me for my journey, which is why I am starting it now as well.

So today, I was able to meet with the director of the school I will be teaching at. He was in Seattle with his son looking at universities. He even brought me a cute little pouch that is apparently a traditional gift in Korea.


So the school I will be teaching at is called A Class; it is located in Sanbon (a neighborhood of
Gunpo, a satellite city of Seoul. It is 45 min south by Subway). My journey will begin on August 1st when I take a very long flight to Seoul.


An interesting thing about this school is that the teaching methods they use are adopted from the Meysen Academy in Japan. Since 2004, I have worked at Crista Camps - Island Lake where we have hosted the Meysen students for two weeks of camp. The director was excited that I have that connection. Anyway, thats all for tonight. I’ll post again when something exciting occurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment