Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bambawi (Chestnut Rock)

I have visited another site in Gunpo's Eight Famous Scenic Spots. In my About Sanbon page, I have listed eight places in Gunpo that I found on their website, that I wanted to visit before going home. So far, before today, I have visited four places. Now I can say that I have been to five. I only have three more to go.

Today, I went to Bambawi (Chestnut Rock). Bambawi, located at Bambawi Mountain and surrounding the citizens’ sports square, is a good place to view not only the entire city of Gunpo but also Sanbon New Town. Mountain climbing can be done at any time since its trails are not steep and are located near the level ground. People can enjoy themselves while observing the changing scenery along each course during their hike around Sanbon New Town and continuing to walk along the low ridge of Bambawi Mountain.


It was about a 15 min walk from the start of the trail to the lookout point. The hike wasn't that bad either. It was a gorgeous day out, too. Once I got half way to the lookout point, there were two different trails leading in different directions. I wasn't sure which one to take. There was a Korean man walking by and I was able to point to on my map where I wanted to go and he pointed me in the right direction. Good thing my map of Gunpo is all in Korean. 


View of Sanbon with Suri Mountain in the back
Chestnut Rock
"KIMCHI"
Something that is interesting about Gunpo, I'm not sure if this is just Korea in general, but they have these air pressure gun thingys (I'm not sure what they are called) to blow off any dirt and dust off your shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment