Saturday, May 5, 2012

Children's Day!

Today, at school, we had a Children's Day Party. Children's Day is tomorrow on May 5th, on Saturday but we celebrated it today. It is a National holiday here in Korea, but since the day fell on a Saturday, we didn't have it off. In Hangul, Children's Day is 어린이날. Parents often give presents to their children, as well as spend time with them. The children are taken to the zoo, museums, and other children places. Korea first started celebratin Children's Day after after Korea became independent from Japan in 1945. They wanted to respect children. Then in 1961, a children's welfare law was written into the constitution which was officially registered on May 5th.

I decorated my classroom all crazy. It kind of reminds me of a circus. They also wanted us to dress up crazy for the day. I wore hot pink tights, with neon yellow shorts, my power ranger shirt, and a mask. I was telling the kids that I was Super K. I think that it was a pretty crazy shirt.

My classroom
Super K! 
For the day, we played a lot of random games with the kindergarten and elementary kids. The middle schoolers didn't get to have fun, because they're not children anymore. It was pretty fun day. Although, it was long and exhausting. Play days are usually  like that. It takes the energy out of me. The kids are uber crazy, but I still love them!

Monica got her face painted
Kindergarten class!

No comments:

Post a Comment