Monday, May 14, 2012

Photo A Day: May 8-14

May 8 - I went to this local restaurant for this first time today with Alison Kathleen LaFave and Jihyeon Lee. The Korean translation for it is "Around the Corner" but we like to call it Ahjumma's Kitchen because the entire restaurant is one room with the kitchen to the side. It is different everything you go. There is no menu, she just serves you what she made for the day and its only W5,000 each. It's a traditional Korean meal for a low price. Jessica, be prepared for me to take you here. 
May 9 - We had a teacher's lunch today with all of the native and Korean teachers. We went to a buffet called VIPS. It's not pronounced V I P S but vips, weird. The buffet had mainly western style food. 
May 10 - Drinking an iced caramel macchiato in my new tumbler. 
May 11 - This is exactly how I felt today. I have been getting sick and the weather wasn't helping. 
May 12 - I was feeling a bit better and needed to get out for a bit, so I went to see the Dark Shadows movie. 
May 13 - I dyed my hair. I trusted the Korean hair dye, but only because there was a white person on the box. It turned out well. 
May 14 - Made some Rainbow in the Clouds cupcakes for my co-teachers. Tomorrow is teachers day, so I wanted to make something nice. I wasn't able to find rainbow colored candy, so this was going to have to do. Also it kept drooping, grr. It was also the first time I made cupcakes from scratch; I made the batter and the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment