Saturday, August 18, 2012

K-Pop: PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일)

K-Pop is an interesting style of music. There are so many groups out there that all look and sound the same, but recently a new song came out that is both funny and has a good beat to it. I first heard it when I went to Norebang with some co-workers and they sang this song. I now hear it everywhere I go. I only understand a few of the Korean words but it is funny. "Oppa" means older brother if a girl is saying it but it is also something girls call there boyfriends. And Gangnam is a district in Seoul. Here is the music video from YouTube.



Also, I frequently go on to a website called Eat Your Kimchi and they do K-Pop Music Mondays and they had reviewed this video. If you want to get more insight on what this video is about as well as K-Pop in general, you should watch it.

Video Credit: eatyourkimchi.com

My co-workers now say "Unnie Sanbon Style" to me. "Unnie" is older sister when a girl says it. Girls can also say it to an older girl that they are friends with. And Sanbon is the neighborhood I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment