Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wicked

I have been wanting to see the musical Wicked for a long time. I knew that it was showing somewhere in Seoul, but I though, like a lot of there other plays/musicals, that it would be in Korea. Then I found out, nope, it's in English. It is an Australian cast that is on tour that is putting the production on. I was like, I have to go. We ended up going the following weekend.
The play had Korean subtitles on screens to the side of the stage while the musical was in English. It was pretty awesome. I am so excited I saw it. I had bought the book awhile back at an English bookstore in Seoul to read, but I haven't been able to yet. I plan on starting to read it on my journey home in a couple weeks. I heard it is darker then the musical, but whatever.

The Blue Square Theater in Seoul 


A map of Oz on the stage
If you want to find out more about the Wicked production in Seoul, check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment