Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is very popular here in Korea. I have to say it is probably more popular here then it is in the states. A couple weeks leading up to the hallmark holiday, the grocery store already had a huge display of chocolates for people to sell. There are also supplies for people to make their own chocolate molds. It is definitely a big holiday for all the couples in Korea.

I decided that I was going to make small hearts and tape a candy on it for my kids. I love giving gifts, so it was no big deal for me. I didn't realize that everyone would be doing something similar to me, even my students. I received a lot of candy, I'm not sure how I'm going to eat it all. But it was sweet for all the kids and my co-teachers to think of me.

All my sweets from my co-teachers and students
A card from my co-teacher. I read it when I first got to work and made me crack up laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment